At some point and time every student is bullied, picked on, rejected, pushed around, ignored, left out or even accepted by certain social groups. Because of this it's important for students to recognize social groups, safe ones and potentially harmful ones, how to communicate effectively with other classmates and how to express oneself around others.
Tips for Dealing with Peer Pressure, Bullying, etc...
According to AGW's "A" Student Survival Smarts
1. Be assertive
2. Stay calm
3. Remember that friends should respect you if they're your friends
4. Talk about issues you're having with social groups in and around school to a teacher and your parents
*This Website is a great resource for all students; it also provides tips on topics of:
- "Being the New Kid at School"
- "My Friend Just Joined a Gang"
- "Help! That's Harassment!"
- "Pushed into the Peer Pressure Cooker"
- "They Make Fun of Me Behind My Back"
- "The Scoop on Relationships"
- "Making New Friends"