The following websites and sources give various activities, classroom management techniques, different perspectives of the first day of school, as well as rules to set in the classroom for the first day.
- This website provides various activities for early childhood educators to do on the first day of school.
- This website gives back to school activities and icebreakers.
- This gives one teacher's perspective of what to do on the first day of school.
- This website provides teachers of all ages activities to do and rules to establish on the first day.
- This site is an excerpt from the book The First Days of School by Harry K. Wong and Rosemary T. Wong and provides first day objectives.
- This website provides a short list of easily overlooked things a teacher can do to prepare for the first day of school.
The First Day of School by Harry K. Wong and Rosemary T. Wong
- This book helps new teachers develop plans for their classrooms.